In a move of generosity, Pets at Home commercial director Peter Pritchard has offered a £1000 reward for help in finding Tess, a guide dog that has been missing since 23rd July 2014. The reward is being offered as a donation to the charity Guide Dogs. The six year old retriever went missing whilst on a run with her owner.
Guide Dogs UK, is a charity whose mission statement is to, 'not rest until people who are blind and partially sighted can enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.' As the name suggests, they help adults and the young with visual impairment find guide dogs to assist them in their daily lives. Currently, statistics show that there are almost 5,000 guide dog owners in the UK that help the blind and partially sighted. The charity also runs the annual fundraising and awareness building week, Guide Dogs Week. Since Tess has been missing, Guide Dogs have had an active role in trying to find her, stating that a number of sightings have been made of the six year old.
Things to look out for:
- The image above is Tess herself
- She went missing on Wednesday 23 July 2014
- Last place seen was the Old Cemetery in Nairn
- Tess is six years old, and a black, curly coated retriever
- It is unlikely she will be wearing a harness as she wasn't wearing one went she went missing
- If in doubt, Tess is microchipped
- She is wearing a black collar, with pink and grey squares as well as her Guide Dog ID tags
If you think you have seen Tess, contact Guide Dogs on 0800 6888409